bbxrider is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

switchboard driving me nuts

posting here because switchboard is listed as a form, if I need to post somewhere else please let me know.
    So the default sw comes with a label1 and label2 which cannot be deleted or it causes an error.
    label1 looked like a title but it doesn't display anywhere that I can find. Same with label2.
    In the switchboard manager I gave it a name, "my switchboard", ok that displayed when it comes up.
    Then I added an item, a report, "report1". So now the name on the switchboard automagically changed from "my switchboard" to "report1", huh? what is going on here? is there not some way to just set something to the name of the switchboard I want displayed? The switchboard manager still has the sw named "my switchboard"

and.........
    when I open the "switchboard" form in forms, it doesn't even have the report item I added above in the switchboard manager? I swear this is true but I think I'm in a worm hole or something.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I don't like and have never used the 'switchboard'. I build 'menu' with a normal form and command buttons and VBA code. Much easier to deal with.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bbxrider is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    ok thanks for the reply, I thought I might hear back something like this, I didn't see any advantages to using the sw vs a regular form, so a form it will be!

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    FYI, June7's approach is that used by almost all experienced Access developers! 'Rolling your own' switchboard Form, i.e. creating a Form, and adding Command Buttons to do as you want, is simply easier and more flexible than trying to adapt the Switchboard Manager's creation.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    There's a good reason MS relegated the 'Switchboard' wizard to a back shelf in 2010 - it's no longer up front on the ribbon, have to go looking for it.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.