EddieN1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Printing on a .png Background

I am trying to provide the user with the capability to fill in a multi-page form by printing the data from the Access 2007 Database on a blank page, but with the form set up as the page background. I can make it work on some users but not others. It seems to work only with users who are Access 2010. On a common fileserver, I have stored the .png files, one file per page. When the report opens it sets Me.Picture to the 1st page .png file. Picture is defined as a linked image. In the Format Event of the PageFooter (which is not visible), I change the Me.Picture property to the .png file for next page. All this works fine for me and one other user on Access 2010. The other three users, who are using 2007, do not get the images. Any suggestions I should try? Thanks, Eddie

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How many pages? The same pages for all users? Are you use OLEObject control?

I use the ControlSource property of Image control to dynamically display images but then never tried anything like what you want.

Could maybe have a table with a record for each page then bind report to the table. The record can have the images embedded in attachment field or a text field with string for the path to external file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    1. Page count - varies from about 4 to 20.
    2. Same pages for all users.
    3. Not using OLEObject control.
    4. One thing that makes this different than just showing an image is that after the "image" is loaded, the report writes on top of it. That is why I'm specifying the "image" as just the report background.

I just asked the key operator to run some more tests with other users running Access 2010 to see if that is really the issue. If it is, then I'm going to suggest that only the users with 2010 do the printing for everyone else till the other users get the Office upgrade.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    How do you distribute the data over multiple pages with different images?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I split the multi-page image file into one image per page. So, page one image might be img1.png, page two might be img2.png, etc. Is this what you meant?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Hey, team... found the problem. It was with the image type. .png and .gif files didn't work, however, .bmp files did... although .bmp files are much bigger. Thanks for your suggestions. Eddie

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.