kristijo is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Help Adding SubForm to Invoice Form

Hi,
    I have been working on a database to manage client information for my nutrition education/nutrition coaching program. I pretty much have the database how I want it except for the invoicing system. I used a book to help me set up the invoice form and it works well, however, I want to include data from a separate form on the invoice form. The services included on invoices include individual coaching sessions and classes. When a class is added to the invoice, I want to include session details that has the dates, times, location, and notes to the client right on the invoice. I created "SessionDetailsSubform" and placed it on the invoice, however, I can't figure out how to make a combo box that will allow me to choose the session and then have the fields in the subform autofill. I have tried making a junction table between "sessions" and "Invoice" to connect the two but I have been unsuccessful so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    KJo

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    You already have a junction table for InvoiceDetails and subform bound to this table?

Sessions table has records associated with each client?

Just save the SessionID into InvoiceDetails.

Combobox to select Session can be multi-column to retrieve other session info. Textboxes can have an expression that references columns of the combobox to display this info.

The combobox RowSource can be restricted to sessions associated with client being invoiced.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

kristijo is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Thank you!

June 7, thank you for your help! I think I've got it now.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.