markh719 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Report with summary data

sorry if this is a bit remedial...

I have an excel report that i pull monthly from an internal database I would like to create an access database from that report that will show me the number of referrals by source and/or by agency.

the headers in the report are below. This report is broken down by patient name and each person admitted by date. I want to see how many times the source name and/or agency has referred and keep a running tally through the year. I have never built a database or used access, please help... and I need to add a few fields adress, city, state, zip, phone, email, marketer.

so for instance MEMO comes up in this report under source name 752 times in this report, I want the database to say MEMO RCDCOUNT 752, and when I upload the report next month I want it to add any more RDCOUNT to the existing number.
    PATIENT ADMIT DATE HSV ADMISSION TIME PATIENT # PATIENT NAME PATIENT AGE INTAKE BY F/C INSURANCE SOURCE NAME AGENCY NAME RCDCOUNT

Last edited by June7; 11-26-2014 at 02:26 PM.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using report Sorting & Grouping features with aggregate calcs in header/footer sections?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.