BorisGomel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Populate fileds off the last record

Hello,

I kind of stuck with one problem and here we go. I have a form( frmDate) and a subform (frmChecks)-is off a query Checksquery . On the from is located only a list box lsatDate with rowsource to cross query Date . It is only display the dates. The sub form in designated to record numbers of checks, their first and last number and total amount of checks that have been requested to be issued.. It has 8 txt boxes : txtDate, txtChecksNumbers, txtSheetsNumbers, txtStartChecksNumber , txtEndChecksNumber, txtTotalAmount, txtBegginigofWeek and txtEndofweek. I have forgotten to mention that form and sub form have linkchildfiled-lstDate, and linkMasterfiled-txtDate so user can scroll date in list box and retrieve the records for past dates. I would like to program in form upload event if I can when a user opens form three things I need to be happened:

1) the txtStartCheksNumber would be populated of the last record txtEndChecksNumber,
    2) the txtDate would be filled as date today,
    3) and txtBeggininofweek would be populated off last record txtEndofweek with adding one day .
    I have programmed txtSheetsNumbers in record source as =Round((LTrim([ChecksNumbers])/3)) b/c there three checks on one sheets and also programmed txtChecksNumbers as =Round(LTrim(([StartChecksNumber]+[ChecksNumbers]))) so that this field is populate adding starting checks number and checks numbers. I need this b/c many users use this form to print checks and every check must be accounted so filling the form coorectly is very imperative and uploading these records would be very helpful since many mistakes are made b/c users go to the last record to retire info. Users don’t see the queries; they see only form and sub form once they request checks for printing. This is also would be reduce margin for mistakes.
    Really appreciate your help in advance.
    The Best Regards,

Boris Gomel

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    This thread discusses auto generation of custom unique identifier. http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ta-403208.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BorisGomel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Populate fileds off the last record

Thnak you June7.

Being trying to work this out .
    Thank you!
    June7, if I have issues with the thread you have mentioned in you repaly , can I ask you ? It is the big thread and a lot of information , trying to put all together to fit my Access on the job.
    Thank you again,
    tHE Best Regards,

BorisGomel

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I read your post again, need clarification. Are you printing your own sets of blank checks?

Just post question when you encounter specific issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.