WelshPunk is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Need Help Please

Hi there clever ones
    I have attached a db that manages ticket sales for shows. I have created the relationships but something is wrong. I have created some queries one called qryOrderNum95415 which brings back information that shows that this order number is for a show called Blood Brothers but when I do a qry (qryUsing4Tables) to retrieve all ticket sales EVERY ROW shows the same show(and not Blood Brothers)

Driving me nuts. Any help please

beekes@btinternet.com

Rainlover is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Your Relationship between tblActualShows and tblShowNames is incorrect.

I don't understand what you are doing but I would think ShowID should be the link between these two tables.

Hope this helps a little.

jbarrum is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Boy, I am with Rainlover. Not sure what you are tring to do. But I can tell you that your normalization is all wrong. If you look in your table for [actual shows] you will see the show name [we will rock you] with show ID of 12 mulitple times with the same show date. The first four records all have the same show date and show type. Looks like your table data is all wrong.

Also, when storing [show names] you have the the price of the show. It appears that every show has a differnt band. If the band makes the record unique then what happens when that band returns and the price changes?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.