oldtiredjeffro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question zoom control for image on form

I have a linked image in a picture box on a form that changes with each record. I would like to allow the user to "zoom" the image from either a button or action (double click) and then kill the zoom, again from either a button or action. I have Limited VBA ability but I can cut and paste with the best of them. Any Ideas?

Jeff

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I think the best you can do is to open the image in an image viewer like MS Windows Photo Viewer.

Are the images external from the db?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks for getting back so soon. I can see the image on the form, but due to size limitations I can only make the box roughly 2" x 2". The image box property is currently zoom so the whole image is displayed in the box, regardless of orientation, but it is small.

Jeff

June7 is offline VIP
    Didn't address the suggestion nor answer question.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

My apologies, your question was below next to a %$@# advertisement. The images are linked by address through a separate table "Images" and the address is in the field "North_Image". The image box record source is the "Images" table and the image box name in the properties is "North". I update the box from record to record with the after_update event

[NORTH.Picture = NORTH_IMAGE]

Hope this answers your question

Jeff

June7 is offline VIP
    You are registered member - turn off ads in your profile General settings, all the way at the bottom.

Not quite clarified.

Picture field is what type - text, OLEObject, Attachment? Are you embedding images into the table or are they stored external?

My suggestion is still that probably have to open image in a viewer program. The how depends on answers to above.

What control are you using for dynamic display? If you use an Image control and set its ControlSource property, there is no need to use AfterUpdate event code.

Again my apologies, thank you for being patient, I'm fairly new to both Access and the forum. The pictures are stored externally. The type field in the table "Images" is text and in that field is the address of the image ( C:\MAIN\IMAGES\ABC-01 NORTH.jpg., for ex.). The type image box in the property sheet is embedded. I have set the ControlSource and removed the AfterUpdate event code and the images display properly.

Jeff

June7 is offline VIP
    Okay, with that settled, back to your zoom question. And my suggestion that will have to open the image in a viewer app, review http://allenbrowne.com/func-GoHyperlink.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.