nurserich is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Statistics in report header

I am creating a patient shift report form. At the top of this report is usually a ribbon indicating the total census, followed by which rooms have pending admission, which have pending discharges, etc.

In my form, I have checkboxes indicating whether this patiet is a pending admission or discharge, with the room indicated in a seperate field. I am trying to get the status ribbon at the top of the report to indicate which rooms will have discharges and admissions based on the affirmative checkbox. As an example> Mary is a patient in room 202, but she will be discharged today. I check the discharge box. The textbox on the ribbon indicates "202" under the discharge title. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	report.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	18365

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    No idea what you mean by 'status ribbon'. What do you mean 'usually a ribbon'? What ribbon?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

status ribbon

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    No idea what you mean by 'status ribbon'. What do you mean 'usually a ribbon'? What ribbon?
    In the header of the report is a summary of the unit data.
    Census:
    Admissions:
    Discharges:
    Psychiatric Emergencies:
    Nut Allergies:
    Recertifications:
    Belongings Search:
    ECT procedures:
    Drug resistant Organisms:

The census is the number of patients on the unit.
    Admissions will show room numbers corresponding to patients due to be admitted: 201, 203A, etc....
    Each other category is the same as Admissions. Each category corresponds to a yes/no check box on the form. On this summary header, I want the report to look at which patient's have the check box marked and reflect the room number under the appropriate heading (Admissions, Discharges, etc...).

I have made Census populate the number of patients on the unit by adding
    Code:
    =Count(IIf([PatientT]![Unit]="2W" And ([PatientT]![Active]="Yes"),1,0))
    to the control source of the text box in the report header. Unfortunately, when I run the report, a popup box requesting parameters comes up for the unit name, which is specified in the query, and the active yes/no check box, which is marked yes in the query.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ribbon.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	18368
    Last edited by nurserich; 10-12-2014 at 01:58 AM. Reason: additional information picture added

June7 is online now VIP
    So your 'ribbon' is just a row of unbound textboxes that need some expressions in their ControlSource property?

If you have 5 patients for discharge, you want all those room numbers to show in the header?

One room number or five, what you want won't be easy. I need better understanding of db. If you want to provide for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks

Thanks for the help. It seems as though you understand what I mean. I have tried to upload a version in which the confidential information is deleted,...but I was unable to do so due to file size. The file is less than the 2 MB, but the attachment manager did not allow the upload. On these computers, I do not have a way to compress the file.

June7 is online now VIP
    You don't have Windows Compression? It's part of Windows Explorer. Right click on file > Send To > Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Alternative is upload to fileshare site such as Box.com and post link to the file.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.