HappyJohn is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Lightbulb Importing QuickBooks Tables: Sporadic ODBC Call failed Issue

I am attempting to import QuickBooks tables using the built in Intuit ODBC Driver. Some tables I can import smoothly while other tables fail to import. The message I get when a table fails to import is as follows:
    ODBC—call failed.
    [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Permission denied:you do not have permission to select from “v_SalesOrder” (#-121)

I don't know what Sybase is. And since I have a QuickBooks admin login, I would like to think I have the maximum QuickBooks security level. I am having difficulty in understanding why I'm able to import some tables with zero issue while other tables give me the above error message.

On this page I found the -121 error code:
    http://dcx.sybase.com/1200/en/saerro...base-code.html
    The Sybase details say:
    Permission denied: %1
    Error constant SQLE_PERMISSION_DENIED
    ODBC 2 state 42000
    ODBC 3 state 42000
    Parameter 1 Description of the type of permission required.
    Severity 16
    SQLCODE -121
    SQLSTATE 42501
    Sybase error code 262

Probable cause

You do not have the required permission to perform the specified action. The message specifies the actual permission required and the object being acted upon.

UPDATE: I found this ODBC diagnostic website that gives me some more details.
    http://www.easysoft.com/developer/in...html#AppendixA

In Appendix A under "SQLSTATE 01" it says:
    SQLSTATE = 42501
    Error = Base table or view already exists
    Can not be return from = *StatementText contained a CREATE TABLE or CREATE VIEW statement, and the table name or view name specified already exists.

For the code below, I don't know if this is correct to look at since the matrix I attached says 'ODBC 2 State = 42000' and ODBC 3 State = 42000. Anyway the description is congruent w/ my permission denied message says:
    SQLSTATE = 42000
    Error = Syntax error or access violation
    SQLExecDirect = *StatementText contained an SQL statement that was not preparable or contained a syntax error.
    The user did not have permission to execute the prepared statement associated with the StatementHandle.

Details:
    *Using QuickBooks Enterprise 14 (admin login)
    *ODBC driver = Intuit ODBC Driver (read only)
    *Windows-7 (64 bit)
    *MS Access 2013
    *ODBC novice
    *I was using the QODBC driver (30-day trial) however the expiration ran out, I attempted to uninstall it though I still get QODBC messages telling me my subscription ran out. I was able to import almost every table with the exception of the "Transaction" table.
    *With the QODBC driver, I was able to "see" about 150 QuickBook tables that I could import/link.
    *With the Intuit ODBC driver, I am able to "see" about 500 QuickBook table that I could potentially import/link however depending on the table I attempt to import I'll get the above ODBC call fail..
    Last edited by HappyJohn; 10-09-2014 at 08:17 AM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.