twb60 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

MS Access Macro Output File challenge

I have a 2003 MS Access database containing 2 reports I would like to automatically export on a regular frequency to a network drive folder location. I have read/write permissions to the folder where the database resides and super admin rights on the database. I have read/write access to the folder location I want to export the file to. I do not read or write VBA. I created a macro with action; OutputTo and chose Object Type = Report, object name = the report I want to export; Output format = snapshot format. The next item I could select is the output file.

I am running this macro as part of the save and exit button on the database. If I leave the output file location blank, the dialogue box appears prompting the user to select the output location, but if I enter the full path of the destination folder, I get the message "The report snapshot was not created because you don't have enough free disk space for temporary work files. To fix this, free up disk space (for example, empty the Recycle Bin or delete unnecessary file." I know disk space is not a problem. I tried an output location on my hard drive, but get the same message.

It may be worth mentioning in my corporate environment, I am not administrator of my computer. I have to wonder if the syntax I am using in the Output File field is an issue. The syntax I would use to map the network drive would be \\micv3b\eng\Contractor Management\Critical Contractor Reports. The report name is rptCriticalContractorbyTrade and as mentioned earlier produces in snapshot viewer format.

Remember, I am not a VBA code reader or writer. I depend on building expressions in design view. thanks for any help offered. - tony

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Take a look at this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286153
    HTH

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You dont need vba, In a macro , pick the command:
    OutputTo
    'your rpt name'
    Snapshot Format
    file path

twb60 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    burrina - I followed and read the link. Decided to modify the registry MaxLocksPerFile from the default 9500 to 200000. Restart computer, confirmed the registry edit took (since I do not have administrative rights on my computer) and to my surprise the change took, but I still get the same message when running the macro. Not sure what I will do next. Simply trying to find an automatic option to a person opening the database, the report, printing to pdf and distributing. I tend to think something about company network security is an issue. Thanks for the link and if you have other ideas please share.

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    I suggest you contact your system administrator for a solution.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.