accessbro is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Prevent form from displaying new record and trying to save it when form requery or close

I have a split form that's like a list of pending tasks. The data source is a linked SharePoint 2013 list where users submit requests. The user takes the information from each record and performs an action. When it is done, the user presses a button and the task status changes from "Pending" to "Processed". The form record source is based on a query that finds only records with a status of "Pending" so when the user changes the status of the task, it is removed from the list. It works fine except when there is only one task left in the work list. If the user processes the last task, the form refreshes and it goes to a new empty record and I get an error message that says I must enter a value into one of the required fields. I tried making the field non-required but it just creates an empty record in the table. How do I prevent this from happening?

June7 is online now VIP
    Something must be causing record edit to be initiated. Never used SharePoint. What causes the form to 'refresh'? Must be some macro code since can't use VBA.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

accessbro is offline Novice
    This is a desktop database. It links to a sharepoint list like a table but i can still use vba so it's vba code that requeries the form after the update

June7 is online now VIP
    Okay, I've never linked to SharePoint list. If code does not initiate and/or save record, no idea why it would insist on creating record. With a normal table, new record is initiated with data entry into any control, either manually or programmatically. DefaultValue property does not cause new record to initiate.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.