james28 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

Chart Y Axis Whole Integers

Hello All,

I have a small issue that is driving me crazy.

On one of my reports, I have a bar chart. On the X axis are categories and on the Y axis is the count of the category. Depending on the report, there may be 1,000 results or there may be 10 results. The Y axis is set to automatically display, which is what I need, because I can not define a range due to the results having such a large variation in the count.

When the counts of each category are relatively close together, the Y axis decides to stop showing whole integer. Under no circumstance, will there ever be a non whole integer value. Is there any way that I can force the chart to always show whole integers?

I tried to edit the axis' type to be number with 0 decimal places, but that only hid the decimals, but kept the tick mark, so it looked like there was a lot of duplication. For example, the Y axis was 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 etc. When changing it to no decimal places, the Y axis became, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 9, etc.

Any ideas? Like I said, this is driving me a bit crazy.

Thank you!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    If there where will never be decimal data, why does Y axis show decimal values? What is the scale minimum and maximum range? What are the scale major and minor units?

I use VBA code to manage axis scales. I can post a link to the db for download if you are interested in exploring the code.

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

james28 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    June,

Thank you for the reply. In my current report, I have only 3 results in 2 categories. Category A has 2 and Category B has 1.

The Format axis > Scale options have been automatically changed to:

Minimum: 0
    Max: 12
    Major 2
    Minor: .4

Any changes I make revert back to this.

If you could upload your sample, I would love to take a look. When I am at my home computer, I will upload my version as well.

Thank you!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Until I can find link to the db download, review https://www.accessforums.net/reports...xis-38491.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.