leanbiz is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Field Being Overwritten

I'm hoping someone can help because this thing has me completely buffaloed.

I'm using Access 2013 with linked SQL 2005 tables. With a specific form that has a subform in datasheet view. On a brand new record... When I enter ANY data in a field on the subform then Access will change it back to the field default (if there is a default for the field otherwise it just blanks out the field).

In the picture below with the arrow pointing to the record: If I go to enter anything in the warp field, Access will blank it out and I would have to enter data in the field again. So if I typed a 1 in the field, it would get changed back to zero. There's no VB or anything in use... I can see in the bottom left corner it says "Calculating..." right before the field is cleared.

I just don't get it, this worked fine before. And I have an older version of this same Access db with this form where it works correctly -- so I must have done something, I just don't know what!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	access.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	17724

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Would have analyse your db.

If you have working older version, could maybe just import the form into the newer file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like a Requery to me. Check your code for the form and control. Debug!

leanbiz is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    OK, I narrowed it down! It has something to do with the parent form being renamed.

When I change the name of the parent form then it overwrites the field in the subform.
    With the original form name (even if I change it and then change it back to the original) it works.

Bizarre

Any ideas what this could be?

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    So, is the problem solved?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.