Zoran is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Editing background of header

I just had a quick question about changing the background of the header of a form.

I recently was elected as Treasurer for an accounting club at my school and was passed down a database that allows us to print out invoices. The form has a blue header with our logo as shown below:

We recently had our logo redesigned though and the new color scheme is red/black/white. I would like to update the form with our new logo and a different colored background but while I can change the logo, I am unable to edit the blue background. Is there a simply fix for this or would I have to recreate the form? Thanks in advance.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    That image looks like it is all a picture but the Header of a form has a BackColor property on the Format tab of the property sheet for the header. The invoice number could simply be a TextBox placed on top of the image with a transparent background.

Zoran is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    That image looks like it is all a picture but the Header of a form has a BackColor property on the Format tab of the property sheet for the header. The invoice number could simply be a TextBox placed on top of the image with a transparent background.
    Well I tried changing that property to black and this was the result:

So it appears only that blue band at the bottom is affected by the BackColor property. I looked into it a bit more and it looks like whoever designed the original form used the "Module" AutoFormat which includes the blue "lined" background. That being said, is there any way of changing that?

*EDIT* Well, I feel stupid but I just realized this a Report and not a Form. Can a mod move it to the correct forum? Thanks.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I'll go ahead and move it for you.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Even though my report wizard shows those fancy backgrounds, when rendered I just get straight colors. Hmm... Still testing.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I finally succeeded in changing and existing AutoFormat Style on a report to a different Style. I would say that Microsoft will need to put some effort into that process. Are you still working on this issue?

Zoran is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    I finally succeeded in changing and existing AutoFormat Style on a report to a different Style. I would say that Microsoft will need to put some effort into that process. Are you still working on this issue?
    Yes, I haven't figured it out yet. Obviously my sole objective is to get rid of that bitmap/image they automatically place in the header. How were you able to do that?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    The Form header and Page header are involved in the AutoFormat Styles. Nothing worked for me until I removed all of the controls in the Form Header. I could leave some in the Page header. I could then apply any AutoFormat Style I wanted including those that have no bitmap image included. They are magical Bitmaps in that they will expand or contract with the width of the form but they are not objects that I could delete.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.