GHOG is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Resize Chart Based Upon Numeric Value from Field

Is there a way to write an IF statement that can change the size of the chart (not the scaling), based upon a numeric value?

I have 10 pie graphs in a report that show the percentages in different areas. Is there a way to make each chart grow or shrink in size depending on the total value that the chart is based on? I want the charts with the higher total value to be bigger than the ones with the smaller total values. This also needs to happen dynamically, so that when data is changed in the table that each chart is based upon, the charts automatically resize.

I'm assuming that SetProperty will be used somewhere in the code but besides that I am lost.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Like other controls, graph has Top, Left, Width, Height dimension properties. I expect code can set those properties. Determining the dimension values to use based on data would likely be a complex procedure.

However, adjusting size of graph container will likely not translate well into the graph elements within the container, which can be individually sized. Controlling size of those elements programmatically is not something I've seen or tried.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.