ande8698! is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Saving a form as a pdf in a table record

I utilize Access to track information about farm field sites, farmers, and product delivery information. I have a form that I use to display information for a specific site that includes farmer and product information. This form gets printed and sent out like a completed application form. I would like to be able to save that form to a table record in my sites table. I understand that I can export the form as a pdf, and then have a column in my table be a hyperlink to these pdf's. However, I would like to find a more streamlined approach. Once I pull up the form is there a way to save that directly as a pdf in a table record?

Thanks

azhar2006 is offline Expert
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    the two best solutions posted, GTDocshop's and Mariucci's, using Mariucci's customization and GT's function format. Works like a charm.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...n?forum=isvvba

ande8698! is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by azhar2006 View Post
    the two best solutions posted, GTDocshop's and Mariucci's, using Mariucci's customization and GT's function format. Works like a charm.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...n?forum=isvvba
    I have not dabbled in writing code yet. Is this unavoidable to achieve what I am after?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This DB will attach files to and detach files from an attachment type field. I advise against using attachment fields but, if they serve your purpose...

Understand this sample DB was created to help others with their projects. It evolved around their needs and direction. The result is a few examples of some VBA. If I was building something, ground up, with a specific purpose in mind, the DB may look a little different. Refactor the VBA as needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

alexandervj is offline Competent Performer
    Thanks ItsMe, I think that might be a little more VBA than I can handle. I'm building a PHP front end and getting rid of Access and just needed a temporary solution to reduce the size of the database until I can finish the new php front end. I guess I'll just try to finish the new front end asap and make everybody use that

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.