Rory898 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Unhappy Using a query to set the values in a combo box

Hey Im trying to set a query that will run when i click a button. Its for special offers. I want the value in the lookups to decrease by 10% when i click it. Any help would be much appreciated

NassauBob is offline Not THAT Green
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    There are a few different ways you could make this happen. My suggestions include two separate data sources; one 90% of the other's value.

1)You could add another column to your lookup source, and make it contain 90% of the original value. Then upon clicking that button, have the combo box data source change to the new column.

2) make another table, containing the reduced lookup values, and again, change the data source upon click.

3) make a query which does all that number 2 above does, instead of a physical table.

4) Make two separate combo boxes, indentical in every way except for two: they use the two different data sources, and one is Visible, the other (the one reflecting the reduction) is not. Place them so that they perfectly overlap in their intended space. Set the On_Click (or whichever you desire) event to switch the Visible property of both, and while the user won't realize it, they will switch back and forth.

Rory898 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Talking

Yea i manage to sort it out, I made a new table with the lookup values in it and then used an update query to edit the values in the table which the automatically updates my lookup queries Thanks for taking the time though mate

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.