mgio is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Form is automatically entering one row of data

Hello I have a main form called timesheet which has 3 fields on it, a case id, a case number and a case name. The rest of the form has a sub form and a form inside the form. For some reason every time i change to a different Case ID or Case number the first row of data from the table timesheet which the form timesheet is bound to, is inserting itself into each case. But it is not creating duplicates, it is simply being tossed from one case code to the next upon a refresh of either of the 3 fields or close and open form.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Did you use the Relationships Window to manage Relationships? Perhaps you can review the rules delegated to the Relationships Window.

mgio is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    I have been messing around with it more and I have realized that the Main Form Timesheet is bound to Timesheet table so which ever record 1 - 24 the form is on it puts in information based upon which record its closed on. Is there possibly a way to get rid of record scrolling and disable that entirely for the form?

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by mgio View Post
    ... Is there possibly a way to get rid of record scrolling...
    I am not sure what you mean by scrolling. If you are using Single Form as a Default View, you can use the Navigation Buttons property to hide the Navigation Buttons, resulting in the user not being able to navigate to another record within the Recordset.

If your Default View is Continuous or Datasheet, not sure you can prevent access to other records within the Form's Recordset.

NTC is offline VIP
    There is some code that is inserting a value and thus creating a record - as merely opening or scrolling in a form will not create a new record in normal circumstances. The fact that the main form is bound to a table is not the issue - and is normal. As you describe yourself as a novice it will be difficult to explain and you should be sure that the change you seek is in keeping with the original design of the application you are using. You should look at the form / sub form events and inspect the vba code to discover when the value is being inserted.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.