KingOf206 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Can i create an outside link that opens up just a report in Access?

So I have this report that I send out every day in Access. The database is currently on my desktop (but It can be placed on a network drive).

I am looking to find a way to create a link that I can send out in an email which I can give to my supervisors (in an outlook email) so that they can open up the "report" without getting into anything else. Is this possible?

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Not a direct answer to your question (I can't think of a way offhand), but have you considered sending the report in the email as a PDF?
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Not a direct answer to your question (I can't think of a way offhand), but have you considered sending the report in the email as a PDF?
    That is what I already do, however data is added every day, so the numbers get changed. I want one that is up-to-date. so it must be a "linked" report.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I would probably provide them with a limited functionality front end so they can view the report as needed. I suppose you could send a link to the normal front end with a macro specified as a startup option, but it wouldn't necessary lock them out of other functionality.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    I would probably provide them with a limited functionality front end so they can view the report as needed. I suppose you could send a link to the normal front end with a macro specified as a startup option, but it wouldn't necessary lock them out of other functionality.
    Until I can find a "good" solution, I have made a copy of the database, and I have put that on a "networked" drive, within that Database, I have hidden ALL objects except for the 1 report I want people to view. And I sent this database as a link to my Supervisors. I know people can still "unhide" things but all I need is for my supervisor to view the numbers as they change. So for now that will be my solution unless someone knows a better way to link to "only a report".

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.