soldat452002 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Query with many criteria (Dates, Condition, etc)

Hello,

I have a report database that provides my company with those clients that took our training modules and completed successfully the tests.
    The clients can complete training in 3 States and "Passed" means they have completed.

I import an Excel report into Access on a daily basis. Problem is the Report is over 8,000 rows long and basically the only thing I need is those clients that completed training within past 48 hours. The excel report provides us with a date of completion.

Can someone please assist me with the code that only pulls those clients that "Passed" within the last 48 Hours. Here is my SQL Statement I use on the RecordSource. I attached my sample database.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What's wrong with the query you have?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What's wrong with the query you have?

The query does not filter "Passed" for any of three states in the last 48 hours. Then I have a checkbox that only should show False.
    It brings up all records.

June7 is online now VIP
    The query is working as designed. The criteria requires a date value to be between a date range AND "Passed" status. If not within the date range, the record will retrieve regardless of status.

Real source of issue is this is not a normalized data structure. Filtering multiple fields that are really the same type data is not easy. There are 3 certification fields and their associated Status fields. It appears not every record has all 3. Normalized would be another related table with 2 fields for the certification value and status value. Each SPS could have up to 3 records in this related table.

The completed checkbox field appears redundant.

Need to clarify the filter rules.

If any of the 3 certifications has Passed status, do not retrieve record? Or if any of the 3 certifications is not Passed retrieve record?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi, I got it working on this SQL Statement. What I wanted was: If any of the 3 certifications has been "Passed" retrieve the record for those completed
    in the last 48 hours. I'm not sure if this SQL Statement is the most efficient, but I think it works. Maybe you have a better idea, i'm a beginner in SQL.

SELECT CMPreport.SPS, CMPreport.FirstName, CMPreport.region, CMPreport.id, CMPreport.AZ_Cert, CMPreport.AZStatus, CMPreport.CA_CERT, CMPreport.CAStatus, CMPreport.OR_CERT, CMPreport.ORStatus, CMPreport.Completed
    FROM CMPreport
    WHERE (((CMPreport.OR_CERT) Between Date()-30 And Date()) AND ((CMPreport.ORStatus)="Passed") AND ((CMPreport.Completed)=False)) OR (((CMPreport.CA_CERT) Between Date()-30 And Date()) AND ((CMPreport.CAStatus)="Passed") AND ((CMPreport.Completed)=False)) OR (((CMPreport.AZ_Cert) Between Date()-30 And Date()) AND ((CMPreport.AZStatus)="Passed") AND ((CMPreport.Completed)=False));

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    The query is working as designed. The criteria requires a date value to be between a date range AND "Passed" status. If not within the date range, the record will retrieve regardless of status.

Real source of issue is this is not a normalized data structure. Filtering multiple fields that are really the same type data is not easy. There are 3 certification fields and their associated Status fields. It appears not every record has all 3. Normalized would be another related table with 2 fields for the certification value and status value. Each SPS could have up to 3 records in this related table.

The completed checkbox field appears redundant.

Need to clarify the filter rules.

If any of the 3 certifications has Passed status, do not retrieve record? Or if any of the 3 certifications is not Passed retrieve record?

June7 is online now VIP
    Glad you got a solution.

The only improvement would be to normalize data structure.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.