Jamy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Freeze panes in reports

Hi,

I have a action list made in a report with different planned and actual dates, however this list exeeds the screen, i would like to lock the headers and the first two "Columns" of the report, just like the freeze panes function in Excel.

Is that possible?

Thanks
    Jamy

llkhoutx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Why do you need to do this in a report? A fail to see that it's even relevant or applicable to a report. Please enlighten me.

Access has no "freeze pane" per say. One method to accomplished same in Access in a form is with adjacent subform of the same height which are linked to one another and possibly a main form. The left subform, being columns always displayed. The right subform, displaying all other columns and has a horizontal slider bar.

Jamy is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Well a report isn't really neccessary i guess. It's just that this is an overview of the planning created in Access. With a lot of conditional formatting.
    This should be used to enter data, since the planning is done in a different form and editing the data. Also the db is distributed in a runtime environment and they should be able to print/export the report. Which is allowed in the report (print preview) mode.

These were initially the reasons why i created this report. While leaving this as a report is there a way to leave the column headers on screen (maybe also the complete first column).

llkhoutx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Column headers should be in the "header section" of the report and are not affected by hiding data columns.

Hide whatever columns per my previous position, if they're not contiguous just create another subreport.

Subreports can be constructed so that they appear to be a freeze pane.

PMH01 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Hi,

Is there an easier way of doing this rather than creating a sub report? If so can you please tell me how?

If not can you please specify the control source / record source of both the report and sub report in detail and how these are linked.

Many thanks,
    Peter Hughes

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.