Twinnie is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Macros for web database using access 2010

I am newbie in Access 2010 and now attempting to design a webdatabase.
    I successfully designed a database initially but it was aclient database (some functions were not supported in web databases)hence Icould not use it on Sharepoint.
    Kindly assist with macros for this web database.
    I have a form with 2 textboxes (txtFirstname, txtSurname), 5combo boxes (cboUnit,CboLevel,cboStd,cboBr,cboGold). Form name is 'frm_test'.
    I have been able to successfully populate the combo boxesusing select queries. When the level combo box is selected, it determines whatwill be displayed on the last 3 combo boxes (cboStd,cbobr,cboGold): I havesuccessfully implemented this and do not require assistance with this.
    However, please help with the 2 points below.

1. Kindly assist with macros that will ensure form detailsare submitted into a table called Submission. The table has already beencreated with fields 'No', 'Firstname', 'Surname', 'unit', 'Level', 'Standard','Bronze' and 'Gold'. In the client database, I used an append query to submit form details intothe table but this is not supported in web databases, please assist with amacro that can perform same functionality as the append query.
    2. Which macro can I use to confirm if the current selectionfrom a combo box on the form already has up to 2 submissions in the Submissiontable. The function that I used in the client database is"DCount("[standard]","[submission]","[standard]='"& [cbostd] & "'")=2"
    If true, user will be prompted through a message box, tochange selection and pick another entry that still has less than 2 submissions.
    DCount is not supported in web databases, kindly assist withmacros that can perform the same task.
    Thank you.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    There really is no alternate append query. It's the only query that can add data.
    Perhaps another user in the forum can shed light on web version.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.