TrueMac is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Designate specific images for particular brands

Hello,

I am in the process of updating the style of my new employers data reports. We sell printers and ink cartridges, so delegating, models, prices, specs, descriptions and oem numbers are important. I want to add small thumbnails to each item, based on their brand. How would I go about doing this?

Everything is set up fine, all control sources set correctly to receive the appropriate information when requested, I just want to add an additional field for the image. How do I get, let's say, an HP logo to show up when that model is shown? Also, I would need it to switch to another brand logo when THAT model is shown.

Is this possible?

While rummaging through the archives, I saw a few posts with a link to some downloads that may help. Please keep in mind that I am using a company computer and I am unable to download anything onto the system.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Use Image control. Set its ControlSource property.

The property can be bound to an Attachment field in table that holds the image (careful, images can chew up Access file size limit of 2GB) or can be a path to external image file. The path can be dynamic by referencing a text field. The text field can save the full path or just some text that can be used as image name then create the full path with in an expression in ControlSource. Recommend UNC path, like:

="\\servername\path\" & [fieldname] & ".jpg"

Whether or not to concatenate the image extension depends on what is saved in the text field.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

TrueMac is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Interesting, interesting. How would it change to another logo when it is a different brand?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The Image control is dynamic. It will display whatever image is designated by the ControlSource property. Just like any data control displays whatever value is in the field it is bound to or according to expression in ControlSource property.

Presumes you have a table of brand info that will be included in report RecordSource. The image info is just another field in that table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.