gstylianou is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Update the Customer No in real time

Hello again,

I'm in trouble with my database so to update one txtBox (txtCustomerNo).

What I mean:
    I have a main form which called "Startup Screen" and one textBox which called "txtCustomerNo". It's necessary for me to update the txtCustomerNo each time i open any form through the "Startup Screen", so to keep the CustomerNo active.

Example:
    In "Startup Screen" i have some command buttons which are able to open some forms. Some forms are pop-up and other not.

If i open eg. the "Customer's Details" form, i need to update the txtCustomerNo on "Startup Screen".Please note that, the "Startup Screen" is always open as a maximized form. Now, when i close the "Customer's Details" form the txtCustomerNo should be still having the last value (Customer No) untill the time that i open a new Customer No

I ask once again your help and thank you in advance

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Don't understand what you are doing. If each form is opened to the customer number displayed on Startup why would it need to be 'updated'? Is the box on Startup UNBOUND?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    ...why would it need to be 'updated'?...
    That is what I started to wonder as soon as I read the title of this thread.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Please describe to us WHAT you are trying to do in plain simple English. As previous responses indicate, you request is unclear, partly because you are describing How you intend to do some things.

I also do not think you want to update the CustomerNo.

Okay folks,

I will try to explain either if the issue is somewhat complicated.

Well,

What I am trying to do is:

I want from any point of my program to be able to perform exactly the same tasks in order to open the same forms which can be able to filter the Customer Serial No.

Step A
    As I mentioned from the beginning, i have a main form which called "frmStartupScreen" which includes some command buttons that actually open some forms. Before the opening the eg Customer Details another second form appears which is responsible for the "customer's searching. This is the form called "frmSearch" .

Step B
    When you find the customer you are looking for, then you can press one other command button which is embedded into the "frmSearch" and you can go directly to "frmCustomerDetails" which is filtered with the CustomerNo. It is understood that, now there are two open forms (frmStartupScreen and frmCustomerDetails filtered with eg. Customer no =2 in "Tap" format)

Step C
    Now, in the frmCustomerDetails among others i have a command button that opens the frmCustomerInvoices. So, if pressing this command button you can open the frmCustomerInvoices which is filtered with the "Customer No= eg. 2

What i wanted to do
    For this reason I thought I'd put one txtBox into the "frmStartupScreen" so using a vba code constantly to update the current "Customer No" in the txtBox. I believe with this method i will be able to repeat immediately all the procedures needed, without having to repeat the same sequence in order to achieve my goal.

I hope I was more clear on exactly what I ask

Regards,

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Behind your search form, in the click event, add something like the following...
    Forms!frmStartupScreen.txtCustomerNo = Me.NameOfCombo.Value

Its me.....you save me bro..!!!!
    that's it...working as wanted..

Thanks again.!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.