bill4364 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2007

report formating/sorting problem

The database is set up like this:

The vender table just has the venders name and a a number (1-8) which uses that to connect to the orders table which has lots of information about the orders from each vendor, the important stuff for me right now is the item ordered and the cost per unit of the order.

Now the item order is designated by an item number which relates it to the item list table, since the same item is ordered from different venders each UNIQUE item does not have a a UNIQUE code number or something like that ( for example there are 13 unique items but 34 entries on the items list page).

I need to make a report that lists each of the 13 Items, showing the vendors that sell the items and the price that each once charges.

I cant figure out how to make it so that ONLY ONE item name comes up, with the whole list of vendors under it, showing their individual prices. I get all 34 items one way (it will give "airframe fastener" 3 sections, one for each of the vendors that supply that product, and will list the same price for every single time that it was purchased from that vendor (the orders table has 170 entries, the same product was ordered from the same place many different time in some circumstances).

A little advice of how to go about this would be wonderful, I know it is probably hard the way I laid it out but if you even have a hunch of some way for me to organize it differently or set up so new keys or relations, or run a query a specific way that could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

llkhoutx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Vendors is related to Items, therefore Vendors should be a linked subreport related to Items.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.