arlrodri is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Error Message: No Current Record

Hello,

Newbie here. I have been running the same Access Database report for over a year. once in awhile I have issues, but nothing that was not resolved either by re-running a report, or re-importing a file. Yesterday, I got 3 messages never seen before. Yesterday I got "Type mismatch in expression" and "failure creating file". I re-ran the reports and imported into Access, but same messaged. I tried again this morning, and got a new error message "No Current Record", when I tried to run the final report (Form) and after I had imported all new reports to the tables.

I looked at the Visual basic "code", and some of the lines were green. I am not a developer, I just run the reports. The most technical thing I have done is update network address to post updates to new locations assigned by IT.

Any suggestions?
    thanks
    arlrodri

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    green type in vb are comments and not an issue

one really can't answer your question per se as it would require an inspection of your situation; but the type mismatch is a strong hint that the format of your file that is being imported is the cause. perhaps whomever generates this has made a change for which you are unaware. take a look at a past known good import file and inspect it closely particularly in terms of the cell format if excel.... some column that was a number now is a text perhaps....something along these lines... you would need to alter the new import file to match the known good format; also there may be an import error table being created - you could look in the navigation pane for this table and that would also indicate which column is the cause if it is being created...

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like you have some bad data. "Type mismatch in expression" means it tried to put Text in a number field, or perform math on text.
    Access isnt good at pin-pointing these errors. Youd have to look at all records and the report to see what's failing.
    The hardest thing to track down. (been there)

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.