JordanS98 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Search Filter Databse HELP ASAP

I have made a database full of Cars for work, I need to make it so you can simplify your search by adding data into the text boxes and then being able to look at your results in a subform below. I haven't done any coding before, please help ASAP. I have tried some forms but have no idea what to do. I would like it to be like a file I have in my dropbox folder dbSearchExample.mbd
    I would really appreciate it if someone could do this for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rry1zv9r1...waBnwnyY_Zxv0a

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Suggest instead of form/subform you have a single form and put the criteria input controls into form header section.

One way to accomplish the search/filter involving minimal code is with a dynamic parameterized query. Review http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...tomfilter.html

Do you want to use this form for entry/edit of client records? Suggest you change the form RecordSource from INNER JOINs to RIGHT JOINs:
    SELECT tblClients.ClientID, tblClients.LastName, tblClients.FirstName, tblClients.Age, tblCompanies.CompanyName, tblCountries.CountryName, tblClients.FavColor
    FROM tblCountries RIGHT JOIN (tblCompanies RIGHT JOIN tblClients ON tblCompanies.CompanyID = tblClients.CompanyID) ON tblCountries.CountryID = tblClients.CountryID;

A form should be used for data entry/edit to only one table. Use comboboxes to select the company and country for the client. The company and country records should not be edited through this same form. Any textboxes bound to fields from those two tables should be Locked Yes and TabStop No.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

JordanS98 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Ok. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.