cuddles is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Entry Update Form Problem with the update

I have a form with a subform. The form has 1 unbound field. When a user selects something from the unbound listbox, it displays the information that is tied to that record. All fields in this record cannot be altered at this time with the exception of 4 textboxes, 1 attachment and 1 combobox. The subform is in the detail section of the main form. The 1 combobox is tied to a table that is not bound to any of this and allows the user to select Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4. I have a hidden textbox that will display the primary key that is tied to Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 into the main table when the end user selects 1 of the 4 quarters so consistent data is in the main table. When the user selects say Q1, the textbox right below allows them to place update text that is tied to Q1. The main table has the following information tied to the quarterly data.

QTRID Q1Update Q2Update Q3Update Q4Update

There are other columns, however these are the ones I have a problem with. When the user selects Q1, I want anything they type in the textbox below that combobox to go into Q1Update. Same if they select Q2Update. I just am not entirely sure where to start to have it select that information in my query. Could it be a case statement or if statement depending on what quarter they select. If afterupdate of that combobox it takes anything they put in that textbox and writes it to the correct Update based on quarter selection. I am probably making zero sense.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This appears to be a non-normalized data structure and probably why you are having difficulties with data entry.

The main form has an unbound listbox to filter records on main form?

Yes, code could be Select Case structure.

If you use the AfterUpdate event of combobox then they must enter value in textbox first.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.