Gary Childress is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Error when trying to import table

Hi all,

I'm trying to import some tables from one Access 2007 database into a new blank Access 2007 database. There are 7 tables in my old database. I want to import all of them. I go to the "external data ribbon" and choose "access" as the source and then get the dialog box to choose what to export and where from, I click the OK button to export but one table is not exporting. All the other tables are. The table that is not exporting is my main table where all my data is stored. Instead, I get an object under tables in the new blank database named "Name AutoCorrect Save Failures". I open this table object and under "failure reason" it says "Could not open the object".

Does anyone know a solution to this or what I may be doing wrong? Is it perhaps due to a corrupted database? When I open the old database and try to enter data everything works fine. The only thing I can't seem to do is import the one table.

Thanks for any help!

Gary

OK. I found a workaround that seems to solve the problem. However, I'm still curious what might have been the source of the original error.

For the work around I imported the problem table separately as "definitions only". That imported the basic table structure but no data and that worked. Then I exported the original data from the original databse into an Excel file. Then I imported the excel file into the newly created blank table.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you actually importing to a new 2010 database? With data?

But why not just copy the database file instead of import?

Why do you need a duplicate db?

Here is one discussion on the issue http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...8-067e29e492ad
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The reason for creating the new database is that I'm trying to split my database manually into a front end and back end. I seem to have found a solution on my own, though. Thanks.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Could have split by just copying the db, rename the copy, delete from each what should not be there. Are you going to deploy the backend on a network file server for multiple users? Are you linking backend with UNC pathing? Are you distributing frontend copies to each user workstation?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Good point. At least now though maybe I've cleaned up any corruption a little by creating the database anew I hope.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.