MatthewGrace is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Combobox Wizard synch with Current Record.

After dropping a Combobox Object on a form, the Wizard allows you to choose the very cool option: "Find a record on my form based on the value I selected in the combobox." It works beautifully, but, it does leave something desired: When test-driving your newly synched up combobox in Form View you'll notice that if you decide to start flipping through records by mouse clicking the usual record selector arrows at the bottom of the screen, the records change but the Combobox remains the same! It makes the data look downright erroneous.

But it makes sense... the combobox is Unbound afterall. But binding it will render it useless (as far as I can tell).

What can be done to allow both:
    - Keep the Combobox Wizards "Find a record..." feature (it's a premade embedded macro)
    - Make clicking record selectors update that same combobox.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me,
    Matt

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit
    A Combobox can be bound and still lookup values. Are you saying after using the ComboBox you no longer want it display the result? I don't use standard record selectors, they take up too much valuable Real Estate. Generally all you need is a Find and New Record anyway. Also, I don't use macros,sorry! If I understand correctly you want;
    Me.MyComboBox = Null
    HTH

MatthewGrace is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Hm, there may be something lost in communication. For the avoidance of doubt, I've attached some photos of this issue. I'm sure a great many people have noticed the same thing.

Figures A, B, and C show a table, and the use of the well-loved Combobox wizard that hooks up the "Find a record on my form based on the value I select..." feature. In the second photo, you see it being used unsuccessfully. Sure, the combobox itself works... but notice how clicking a record selector immediately makes the combobox inconsistent with the record (see red text on photos). It almost feels like a glaring oversight for those who enabled this otherwise fantastic feature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CreateForm.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	16540

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Result.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	16541

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I put unbound controls used to input filter criteria in the form header section, not in the detail section with data. Then code sets the control to null after the search operation completes.

A textbox bound to the field can be in the detail section.

If you want to synchronize the combobox when navigating to another record, use code in the form OnCurrent event to set value of the combobox.

Me.comboboxname = Me!Title

In a macro I think this requires the SetValue action.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.