cuddles is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

modify my outputto command button

I am trying to create my command button to allow me to say use this background img on page 1 and use this background image on the rest of the pages when saving the file.

Code:
    private sub command36_click()
    docmd.outputto acoutputreport, "Report1", acformatpdf, myreportoutput, , , , acexportqualityprint
    Is there a way to do that in this command? I have the background picture set to a page already when the form is viewed, however when it prints or saves to pdf it puts the background on all pages following and it does not line up like the first page does. It jumbles the data on top of the words and just does not look right. Now, I could do something else like tell the data on all pages following the first to begin printing on X portion of the page so it does not go on top of the writing that apprears on the background image at the top. The image was taken from a ppt that is now a jpg.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    No, OutputTo cannot modify the report structure.

However, I don't quite understand what you are doing.

You say 'when the form is viewed' - did you mean report?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Yes, sorry. I have a report and there is a background picture on the report and when it prints, the first page is perfect but the pages that follow are not lined up right per the background. The picture was a ppt that was used and then stretched out and fits perfect on the page and looks very professional, however because the rows that follow start at the top of the page, they are displayed over the logo at the top of this picture. Here is an example of what I mean:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	16453

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	16454

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Maybe activate the Page header section of the report and size it big enough to push the records down below the image text.

Could rebuild the image so that the text is not included then put the text into Page header section of the report.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Perfect. Thanks. I just used the background as the picture and then in report header put what I want and the header is on the first page aligned perfect and the all pages following just have background and look great. Thanks so much.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.