Angry Forms Events causes Microsoft Office Access has stopped working message and exits

I have a customized CRM database that I have been working on for months. All is fine until today. When I use the properties box to get to a Form Event module to code everything goes crazy and I get the message, "Microsoft Office Access has stopped working". I tried using a backup copy (I have many over the last months) and I get the same thing in all of them. I have tried to compact and repair the database. If I start a brand new db with a new form I get the same error. If I try to access any other events inside the form like a button or field all is okay. Just the main form events cause these error. If I open another module and go to where the form event code is I can access it and edit it. The error only happens when opening up the module from the properties box for form events. It is driving me crazy. Please help!!

llkhoutx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Sounds like your database is corrupted.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    It could be a Vista issue or an Office 2003 issue. Are both fully patched with HotFixes applied?

Everything has been updated and the problem is still there. Also I have found out that Reports design does not work at all.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I would say it is time for an uninstall of Access and a reinstall and update.

I have uninstalled nd reinstalled Access. I have worked with MS-Access and VBA development in many versions and configurations over the years. This is a real strange one.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I would lean toward removing the latest Vista update and see what happens.

RuralGuy, Your behind the times. I have done that. I am looking out reformating my hard drive re-install Vista and Office. There is some Office 2007 files on the disk from a free 30 sample that came with the laptop that I never used. There must have been an upgrade some where that was automatic that has caused the two to not work together nicely. This one is a killer. I have written larger applications in Access/VBA that process 40 million mortgage records in under 2 hours nightly as a front end to Sybase. I have written Access/VBA apps that balance $1 billion dollars in Credit Card transactions daily. I have written CRM's, ReportCards and Transcript applications. I have even written my own programming language in Access/VBA that allows users to write batch code for screen scraping data from mainframes. I was even on the first team that wrote the training materials for Access/VBA for AppDev (www.appdev.com). I was rewarded 2nd place in the nation for having written the best Paradox/OPAL programming course. I am looking for an expert who can get down to the system level and point to the real source of the trouble.
    See my resume at www.TheReportDoctor.com.

Hugh

Windows 7 Access 2007
    Fair enough.

ei0914 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I was wondering if you ever found a resolution to this problem??

Quote Originally Posted by TheReportDoctor View Post
    RuralGuy, Your behind the times. I have done that. I am looking out reformating my hard drive re-install Vista and Office. There is some Office 2007 files on the disk from a free 30 sample that came with the laptop that I never used. There must have been an upgrade some where that was automatic that has caused the two to not work together nicely. This one is a killer. I have written larger applications in Access/VBA that process 40 million mortgage records in under 2 hours nightly as a front end to Sybase. I have written Access/VBA apps that balance $1 billion dollars in Credit Card transactions daily. I have written CRM's, ReportCards and Transcript applications. I have even written my own programming language in Access/VBA that allows users to write batch code for screen scraping data from mainframes. I was even on the first team that wrote the training materials for Access/VBA for AppDev (www.appdev.com). I was rewarded 2nd place in the nation for having written the best Paradox/OPAL programming course. I am looking for an expert who can get down to the system level and point to the real source of the trouble.
    See my resume at www.TheReportDoctor.com.

Hugh

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.