Jemmons1990 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Help creating Form to pull certain information from table

I have been racking my brain for countless days, thank god I found this site. I work in a Warehouse and work with Time Management system Red Prarie. I have created a database to tell me what Associates are writing what codes and for how long.
    The table consists of 5 columns. (Shift, User ID, User's Name, Code, Total [Amount in hours]). I will add pictures at the end of this post to show examples. I am trying to Creat a form that will allow me to search the table; I would like to make it so that I can search by Code and it will allow me to see all the users using that code. I would also like to be able to search by User ID and it allow me to see what codes that particular user is using.

Just a side note, I learn quickly. I have basically taught myself about the table and the report portion. The information I have looked up concerning the forums, looks like too much to teach myself. So warning: I may need simple instructions on how to do this.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Justin Emmons

Exel Logistics

Example of table (there are a lot more rows than what is shown)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table.gif 
Views:	16 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	11278

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Ok, now this may sound very dumb. But in order to get that main forum I can just use the wizard to create it correct? I will just have to add in the different filters I want.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Is this for your own use?
    Are you familiar with a SELECT query?

You could read this to start
    http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_select.asp

There is a tutorial here that may help
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-L0XZQCWD0

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Use the wizard if you want. Personally, I avoid the form and report design wizards as they do things I don't like, such as 'grouping' controls. 'Grouped' controls cannot be individually sized and moved. Select all controls, right click > Layout > Remove.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Orange- this is for the site. Out of the 7 distribution centers there is nothing like it. Essentially i am creating it for our site but it will be used throughout the entire network. No i am not familiar with a select query.

June7- thank you for the help. I don't know access really. Im teaching myself as I go. Its been rough so far.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I just looked at your first post again and noticed the table [Indirect Codes Jan]. If you are creating a table each month, then you have to start with a clearer statement of what you are trying to achieve. You need a design that matches your requirements.
    You seem to be in the middle of an operational database situation, with no clear plan of what is required or who will do what, when.

If, the I'm teaching myself as I go, refers to ACCESS and I'm afraid it does, then that is really the How things will be done.
    You are missing the WHAT should we be doing? What are the real requirements?
    You should read/work through this tutorial. It will go from some requirements, to Normalization to relationships leading to a data model.

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/T...lationship.zip
    Last edited by orange; 02-25-2013 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.