SurfaceColt is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Question Very new to access, any advice would help. Questions on a lot of different areas

Hey all,

Apologies upfront for not knowing which category to place this in. I am very new to Access and probably trying to something way above my skill set at present time. I have a lot of experience in excel and I have this whole system running in excel but I think access is more suited for my end goal.

I own a car yard and I am trying to automate a lot of things beginning with a stock inventory list.

I would like a form that I can enter new stock in with data such as stock number, make, model, year, VIN, and lots more.
    Creating forms and table I have learnt. Relationships I understand but still grasping the appropriate use. Queries, well that's a whole other story!

Features I would like to have when entering a new stock item is a drop down box for the vehicle make (achieved this so far) but from that I would like it to have a drop down box for the models of the selected make of vehicle (this is where I'm lost).

I guess this would be a good place to start and I'll cover and learn stuff as I need it as I go.

I have spent a few hours trawling the net and forums but I'm not sure exactly what I'm searching for (in the sense of search keywords) so I thought I'd explain it and hope that someone with a wealth of knowledge can help.

Thanks in advance

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.