bigchicagobob is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Chart and Data Disappearing in Design View

Hello,

When I view my charts in design view, the charts are all blank. There are no axis, values...etc When I click on the SQL data control, I can see the SQL command, but the datasheet is not populated. However, when I export the report all the charts are populated with the correct data. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Aside from playing around with chart objects in Excel I do not have experience with them. One thing I will comment on though. You mentioned design view of your form. I do not expect to see any data retrieved from my tables while in design view. I use form view to have the form retrieve and display data.

Yes, I understand I will not see my actual data. The problem is that I formatted/created the charts, but now they do not appear in any of the views-- the entire report has 6 blank charts. However, when I export the report the 6 charts are populated and formatted with the correct data. The issue now is that I cannot adjust the formatting of the charts.

Maybe you can upload an example here. I am pretty busy but someone else may have a chance to jump in before me. Quick question though. What control did you use to get your chart in the Report? How did you go about creating it?

Hmm. I'm unsure what you mean by control. The report ouputs ~ 61 separate pages- one for each respective receipient.

I believe I created a blank report, then added in a text/control box that pulls names from table 1 (potential page control). Then the charts on each page are linked to that name from table 1 and the chart data is linked to another table 2.

design view where chart graphics are not showing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	design view.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	16076

output format where chart data is showing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	output charts.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	145.1 KB 
ID:	16077

Controls can be bound to fields or use expressions to retrieve data. Your chart will require data and that data needs to be retrieved. The control will display the data retrieved. How you created the control that is displaying the chart may help us to understand the behavior you are observing. Did you use the Wizard to get the chart to display in your Report?

I used the wizard to link each chart and to create the relationships between the user name and the data. Then I made many adjustments. For all of the charts, I left the relationship between the user and the page, but I changed all the fields for the data. I ensured the "user" field that links the data to each page remained intact.

If you look at your report in Print Preview do you see the resulting charts? What is the result in Report View? If there is not a distinction I can not offer more help without lookink at your DB or creating an exapmle of my own to try to replicate the behavior.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.