theresa is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

form that would take records from existing query and add new record to table based on

Hi, I'm trying to create a form that would show records from existing query and use them to add new record to table based on on this selection. I have a TblClients, TblCounsellors which are joined through a table called TblCounselling. I have a query called qryWaitingList which shows all the Clients not currently in Counselling. I would like to look at the qryWaitingList and select a Client to add to the TblCounselling along with a combo box of Counsellors in order to create a new Counselling record but I've tried a number of subform combinations but none seem to work. Can anyone help me with this

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Options appear too be:

1. A form bound to TblCounselling with combobox to select client and combobox to select counselor - no subform involved

2. Main form bound to TblClients and subform bound to TblCounselling with combobox to select counselor

3. Main form bound to TblCounselors and subform bound to TblCounselling with combobox to select client

Describe exactly what you have done or provide db for analysis.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

theresa is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007
    Thanks for that June7, just figured it out before seeing your reply. I did it as your option 1 states, In a data entry form I placed a combobox that selected the ClientRefID from the waiting list and used this to update the ClientID of the TblCounselling and the same for the Counsellor but I hid the CounsellorID Column, just showing the Counsellors full name to make it easier

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.