Unhappy First database

Hello, this is my first attempt with databases and I would like some advice on the best way to set up my tables with the data I have, here is my situation.
    I have a small business that rents equipment, I have created my customer table but not sure where to go from here, each customer may or may not have rented out several different things at the same time but could only have one rented out, I thought about making an equipment table and using a drop down box for each item rented but my equipment that I have for rent is always changing from month to month so I always have different types of stock so I am not sure how to handle this, I guess it would be easier to list what I need.

1. list of customers
    2.ability to track what customer has rented out
    3.need to be able to track how many of x has rented out in any given amount of time.
    4.pictures of equipment rented out.
    5.photo of customer.
    6.would like to be able to see how many of x has rented out by county or city or even zip code.

I guess that is about it and thanks ahead of time for any who would help.

NassauBob is offline Not THAT Green
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Let's turn that frown upside down!

Look at database definition as building blocks, or objects, which interact with one another. You have a Customer block, cool. You also mentioned an Equipment block - great!

But for your purposes, customers interact with equipment in a way which warrants a third block - an Order block! This block will draw data from both of the other blocks, as well as contain some unique data of its own.

Customer
    CustID Name Address Phone Email

*notice how every data item describes the customer?

Equipment
    EquipID Name Model Size/Capacity QtyOnHand perDayRentCost

*again, attributes of the equipment ONLY

Order
    OrdID OrdDate CustID EquipID numDaysRent totItemRentCost

This would be a good start to your solution. If I can help further, don't hesitate to PM!

venomshot is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by NassauBob View Post
    This would be a good start to your solution. If I can help further, don't hesitate to PM!
    Hello, I need some help on an issue, but did not see a place to PM you on the forums! My issue is here:

https://www.accessforums.net/forms/v...html#post14560

Thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.