Hi All,

I'm using the SharePoint 2010 /Access 2013 combination and trying to modify the "Projects Web Database" as a projects tracking tool.

I'm trying to add 2 features to the current database setup to add more phasing as in PMI terms.

1. I want to have a standard list of tasks (records) added whenever
- There's a new project added (e.g. standard x# of tasks for Initiation phase)

- when a project was updated to a new phase (e.g. when project moves from initiation to planning, add new x# of tasks associated to planning phase automatically)

The problem I ran into is I assume I needed to add/modify the table relationships within the access database. However, I read that I won't be able to edit relationships if the database is a web one that's associated with access.
Is there an alternate way to do this (I read about append queries but not sure how to do that, or some VBA/lookup fields)

2. I want those tasks act like some sort of checklist, so unless a person checks/updates that all tasks for that phase are completed, they won't be able to progress/update that the project is entering the next phase.

{
-Initiation

Resource estimates
Develop draft charter
Conduct Stakeholder Analysis
Meeting with stakeholders
Submit charter

-Planning

Determine project structure and team members
Conduct risk assessments
Develop WBS

e.g. can’t update to Planning until 5/5 tasks in initiation is marked as 100% complete, then when updated to planning phase, automatically populate the 3 tasks (records in table) under Planning.}

Really appreciate any help I can get, thank you !