accessuser10 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Filter Query to Sort Records on Form

Hi all,

I have an access database that I have created with a main base table thathouses information. From that base table I then have a form running offthe table that shows the information that is present in the table along withadditional fields that a user can use to input other information that isneeded. On the form I have a check box that the user will check when theyare done inputting the supplemental information for a specific record. The check box is checked when the user has finished filling out all thenecessary information for the corresponding record (This is tied to a field inthe table that the form runs off of). Once the check box is clicked Ihave a filter query that runs and filters out that record from the form afterthe check box has been updated.

Thisworks great but I have one problem with it. For example, if the user is on the 30th record and thenclicks the box that they have filled out all the necessary information neededit then takes them back to the first record on the form (because the query hasre-ran). This can make navigatingthrough the form cumbersome if there are a large number of records, which therealmost always are. Is there any way thatit could just take them to the next record on the form after the check box hasbeen updated? (For example if on the 30th record it would take theuser to the 31st record after the check box has been updated and thequery has been rerun)

Let me know if this can be done or if there is an easier way to go about this process

Thanks in advance!

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    This would take you to the same record:

http://www.baldyweb.com/Requery.htm

I suppose it could be modified to go to the next record, if it could be identified.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

JeroenMioch is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Have you tried sorting the query ?
    If that doesnt work you can try coding it in VBA in the click event of your checkmark
    Code:
    docmd.GoToRecord ,,acLast
    Or goto the last record within your recordset by using .EOF (end of file)
    Youll have to excuse me for not providing an example for this as i havent got time for it at the moment.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.