d_or2000 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Question Advice?: Create quicker resumes with Access by keeping record of previous job details

Hi,

I would need your advice to verify whether Access is the best software to create a simple database with a few buttons that would keep record of past jobs (but crucially allowing to keep various versions of the same activities). If yes some advice on what should be the structure of this database, or just maybe direct me towards an existing template that I could adapt for this.

The current job search practice requires to adapt one’s resume to the key word of the job description. Maybe you are as tired as I am to rewrite the details of each achievements and search for the great version you wrote a few months back for a job application.

Thanks to the database, none of the variants created in the past will be lost. They can be re-used as they are, or slightly adapted to create a new variant. By keeping the history of each position held in the past and the achievements attached to each of these, the database would allow to quickly create a resume selecting a variant of the achievements containing the key words required by the job description.

Positions and variants selected will be exported in rich text to be pasted in whichever format is to be used for the resume.

Please see the diagram. It's quite simple, but requires to create a dynamic form in Access, and I am not clear on how to create a number of variants for each job achievement.

Thanks if you can direct me to an existing template that I could adapt or a webpage with a similar structure for the database, or give me some direct advice. I would be happy to share the database template, as maybe some of you have the same need.

David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resume Database.jpg  

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Cross-posted: http: //www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=261716

Please read: http: //www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184-A-message-to-forum-cross-posters
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

d_or2000 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Re: Advice?: Create quicker resumes with Access by keeping record of previous job det

Sorry for the cross-posting. I am new to the use of fora, and did not know it was an issue when posting in a different forum. Will follow the good practice on cross-posting next time.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by d_or2000 View Post
    Sorry for the cross-posting. I am new to the use of fora, and did not know it was an issue when posting in a different forum. Will follow the good practice on cross-posting next time.
    Thank you
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.