snipe is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Best way to design this form

Hey guys,

I am working on overhauling a program that my company uses. This is the program that determines bonuses for the sales people. Here is a snip of the current form. I did NOT design it. Sorry that it is so wide.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	form.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	15953
    The form is based off of a query, which is based off a local table. Every field is locked except for the 3 audit fields. The user inputs values into those fields to account for errors in reporting. When the user enters a number into an audit field, the corresponding "new" field is updated since it is a calculated field. The 5 controls on the far right are hidden, and link back to the table. There is an after update event on all 3 audit fields that fires a macro that sets the value of the hidden field to the corresponding "new" calculated field. The original, audited, and new values are all stored in the table, and reports are then run off of that data.

Since I am overhauling this whole program, is there a better way to build this form?

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Did someone say they didn't like it? Worst position is when you redesign something that everyone liked.
    You know like Access 2003 and Access 2010 (or 2013) for example.

snipe is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Haha good point with the 2003/2010 reference.

We have updated the way we do our bonuses. A pretty significant update. I am having to rebuild this form to accommodate all of the other changes that were made. I don't plan on changing the layout too much from what it currently looks like, just adding a few more needed fields for the user to use. I really was referring to the back end; having a after update event fire a set value macro, saving those calculated values, etc. Instead of 5 hidden fields that will be updated, there will be 12.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.