Holly is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Basic Question: How can I add a new unique ID to other tables using a form?

I am having problems with what I believe to be a very basic question in Access.

I have 5 tables and all of these tables have different records, but each table has a unique ID. Example: Table 1 has a unique ID using the auto-numbering format. Tables 2 - 5 each have a unique ID field using a number format (all of these tables contain records with the same unique ID numbers as those in Table 1).

I have created a query that has all tables linked together and I then created a form based on that query. The form shows all fields from all tables except for the unique IDs from Tables 2 - 5.

I can currently see my form with populated data that exists in the database. However, I need to be able to use that form to add new records to the database and I need the newly generated unique ID number from Table 1 to copy itself from Table 1 to Tables 2 - 5 so I can add the rest of the information using the form to all 5 tables.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    A form can enter/edit only one table. Use form/subform arrangement to enter data for related tables.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.