JayRab is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Pivot Chart in Report

Ok trying to attach a Pivot Chart (generated from a query) to the end of a report that is sent as PDF each morning.

I tried using the stupid Chart Wizard in the report design view, but it is always messed up and I cant get the formatting of the chart( series colors, data labels formats, all that stuff) to stick and look how I want. Then when in design view it just shows that generic stuff so I dont know exactly what I'm changing.

It is a simple query it only has a catergory and a percentage. I just want these represented in a chart form. Below is data and How I want the graph to look. The data will change daily since the query is ran everyday at 7:00 am and produces this graph as well as an existing report.
    Category Availabily Precentage
    1 -TRUCK 70.41%
    2 - SCALER 70.74%
    3 - DRILL 97.15%
    4 - LHD 79.11%
    5 - BOLTER 80:00%
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thisone.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	15393
    I want that graph to be on page 2 of this report. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	15394

This report is used each morning to discuss the current state of equipment and discuss yesterdays numbers.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Looks like a simple graph. Don't understand why it won't save your settings.

Chart can be saved so that your stuff shows in Design view. Open the report in Layout and Save then close then open in Design view.

I analyze graph issues best when I can work with object and data. If you want to provide db, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

JayRab is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Reason It was messing up I guess was because I had it in the Page footer. I have switched it to the Report Footer and it seems to be retaining the correct formatting. I will have to check this again on monday. And thanks for the tip about the layout view then design view it helped immensely.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.