awsmitty is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Need help on transferring found record

First, a brief intro of myself. I am new to access and vba. I am a 54 year old chemist. I did take Pascal and Fortran in college, but that was 30 years ago. Currently I have taken a project on and it is way over my head. I need help.

I have a search form, the main is called ControlSchedule with a sub form called frmsubAllRouteData, which is a datasheet. The fist part of this is to search a database, tblAllRouteData, and find a map grid using the criteria of street, city, zip, etc. The search function works perfectly, but now once a record is found, I need to transfer and the data in the fields of that record to another form, namely GRIDID, TRUCK, are fields in the datasheet, frmsubAllRouteData. Sometimes one need only to enter part of the data, say, street and zip, do the search, and it narrows it down to several records but the user can figure out which one is correct. Is there anyway to click on the record, or use the primary key, to identify the record and "tell access" which record is needed?

I have tried various code from various web sites but no luck. I’m fairly certain I’m on the right track, but don’t know the proper syntax. Can anyone help?

Thanks for your interest

awsmitty

llkhoutx is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Filter the form recordsource with the requisite value, note that string values are enclosed in quotation or tic key, dates are enclosed in # keys, and numeric values require nothing special.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.