Cran29 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Drop down list not getting records

If i have a drop down list containing employee type names eg Plumber plasterer bricklayer from the employee type table. How would i select the bricklayer and bring back records associated with the selected employee type . I have done a query to go and get the records for the employee type and it works for one emploee type. But i cannot get the button to go and get the records when i select different employee types from the drop down list. I could add loads of buttons with the same query and change the employee type but looks a bit crowded and untidy. Am i missing something simple or is it just complicated.

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Tell us a little more about your tables. You have an Employees table, right?
    Can you have an employee that has 2 or more employee types eg plasterer and bricklayer?

Windows XP Access 2007
    An employee can only have one employee type allocated to him in this data base. I have a tool box talk title table in which an employee can do many toolbox talks eg paperwork associated to his role on different dates and a sub menu with many reasons as to what he has done wrong in the test. I am trying to return information from the drop down list by selecting employee type eg bricklayers in the month of January 2014 which is another drop down box with months in it connected to the Calendar table who had no errors with toolbox talks and another button with the opposite who had errors. I will post the relationships tomorrow as it will make sense or the data base as it is empty apart from test data

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you using a dynamic parameterized query as the form RecordSource? Is the combobox unbound? Need to requery the form after selection in combobox.

Is this what you are trying to do http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...tomfilter.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thanks that is nearly what i wish to happen but not with a form. Please find attached a screen shot with an explanation of what i am trying to do.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean 'not with a form'? You just want to open a query object? Same technique - dynamic parameterized query. Just open query instead of form bound to the query. But why not a form?

Don't understand 'when I go to the record source it only gives me the option of one table TBTID'.

Controls used to input filter criteria should be UNBOUND.

You are showing non-US date format - review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html

How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.