arrow is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Employment Agency database small scale design Help

Hi Guys,

Im trying to venture into a different database design and would like to ask for suggestions with regards to designing a database for an employment agency

any ideas of how or where i can start...are there any templates available?..
    Its a single branch and not very large scale.....

I hope Access is possible......Thanx in advance!

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Please do not post your issue more than once. I've deleted the other thread.

arrow is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Please do not post your issue more than once. I've deleted the other thread.
    my bad apologies

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Apology accepted. Have you browsed the templates that are on the MS Office site?

carlmdobbs is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hello. Yes, I can help you.

1: Make the following tables
    a: tblEmployeeList that contains all the information about the person who is handling particular cases for the unemployed. Give the table, and all tables, a primary key.
    b: tblCustomer which holds all the pertinent data for the person being helped. Be sure that this table contains the primary key field of the person helping him/hre as placed in tblEmployeeList so you can keep track of the persons he/she helps
    c: tblProspectiveEmployers which has all data about the company: address, phone, contact person etc.
    d: tblInterviewsScheduled which has a compound primary key for the employee from table a, above, the key for the customer and the key for the prospective employer. This ties the people involved together to keep track of the progress. Have a field for time of appoinment and date, location. A memo field for details and other fields to tell you the particulars that you want to keep track of. Make sure you have a field for checking off if the interview actually took place and one for if it resulted in a position being offered and the details of that offer. Since there is a 1 to 1 relationship between a particular interview and the resulting offer there is no need for a separate table for the offer.

Give all of the tables forms to display them. Put the frmCustomer into the frmEmployee as a sub form to show which customers that employee handles. This subform can be shown in single form or continuous form mode. Avoid using the table view.
    Now some details. When assigning a prospective employer to an interview for a customer remember to create a drop-down list so the name of the employer won't have to be entered manually. The same is true for all of this data. Never allow data to be entered by hand when it can come in the form of a list. If you don't do this the database will be filled with misspelled names and there will be chaos in the data.

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Hi Guys,

Im trying to venture into a different database design and would like to ask for suggestions with regards to designing a database for an employment agency

any ideas of how or where i can start...are there any templates available?..
    Its a single branch and not very large scale.....

I hope Access is possible......Thanx in advance!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.