data808 is offline Noob
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Print Preview in Report

I am having issues with the print preview button I made. So when I click the button it closes the report I am in and opens the print preview window with no other options to print or anything. If I close the print preview window it does not reopen the report. Also how can I size the print preview window to maximize and possibly have an option to print if I like what I am previewing. Also if I don't like it, why can't I have page setup options and things like that? Can someone help on how to setup a fully functioning print preview?

amrut is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    So when I click the button it closes the report I am in and opens the print preview window
    You are opening report from a form or report ??
    Opening a report in "acViewPreview" should open report in print preview.
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName",acViewPreview

data808 is offline Noob
    Yeah I am opening a report from a form. The report is linked to a query. So I click a button on a form which opens the report that's linked to a query. The thing is, will I have a features to manipulate the report to fit on a letter or legal, portrait or landscape, etc... These options are usually available when in print preview. Also I don't like how print preview opens up. The window does not maximize and it also closes my form when print preview opens. What if I want to close it or cancel and go back to my form? I would like the form to stay open so when I close the print preview window, my form is there waiting for me to be able to navigate around to other forms and what not. How to get control the print preview window to do what I want it to?

amrut is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    This applies for Access 2010
    When in report's design view, click on page setup to manipulate page size, margins etc. check the pop up settings for your report as well as form. Why should the form close when you open the report ? What code do you use to open the report and how do you close it ? Can you post the code behind the button which opens the report.

data808 is offline Noob
    I believe its a macro behind the button to just open print preview. I think I used the run command action and selected print preview. Thats all that is tied to the button so I'm not sure why the form closes when the print preview window opens.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.