sren is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Receiving Database Error 3734 after Power Outage dropped Internet connection

Help!!!!

I was working in a database this evening when our power went off due to weather (high winds). I was logged in to VPN accessing a network folder location where the database is housed when this occurred. Now when I or a colleague try to access the database, it gives an error saying that user "Admin" on machine "xxxx" has placed the database in a state and it can not be accessed (or something similiar to that). It has completely locked the database and will not let us in.

Can anyone please help? Is there anyway to get the database out of this state so we can access it?

Kind regards.
    sren

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Look in the folder where the accdb file is. Create a temp folder in the same directory as the .accdb file. Locate the .laccdb file (you may have to adjust your folder settings to "View Known Extension Types") and move the .laccdb file into the temp folder you just created. Try and open your DB as you usually would.

sren is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Thank you for the reply. The issue resolved before I received your reply however I will keep this for future reference as we have encountered this scenario before for a different reason. I am marking the post as complete.

The steps I took while trying to resolve was to close Access, reopen Access, open another (unrelated) Access database, run a compact and repair, close everything down and then try getting back into the database I was experiencing issues with. I do not know if this had a direct impact on the resolution however it worked after that.

Kind regards.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.