Howard is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Table Design for Medical Procedure's Billings and Purchase Order

Hi,

One of the businesses is to provide procedure. So when a procedure or two has/have been done to a patient:
    1)a sales clerk will prepare a billing form (attached and the tab is "Billing Template" ) accordingly
    2)a purchase clerk will also prepare purchase order (attached and the tab is "Purchase Order Template") on weekly basis to supplier when consignment items are used

However, the final works also come with mistakes like the consigments miss out, item description wrongly provided, reference no double, etc. Hence, I am thinking of using Ms Access to manage the whole issue. They will key into Access and I will generate report to see what have been missed out and corrected from there. Of course, billing form and purchase order will be printed out from Access also. I am not certain if it can work, but i would like to give it a try.

So far, I have done the table planning (attached and the tab is "Table Design).

Could someone please give comment on my planning and the queries stated therein?

Thank you very much
    Attached Files Attached Files

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I'm sure a well designed database can help with your business. Your list of mistakes
    like the consigments miss out, item description wrongly provided, reference no double, etc.
    represents a list of items without proper edits/control or oversight. These should be addressed when developing a data model of your business.
    I would not start with forms. I would work on the entities/subjects you deal with and how they relate to each other, including the outputs you expect from the system.
    Here are a couple of links that you should be familiar with if you plan on using a database management system.
    Database Principles
    Entity Relationship Diagramming

You may also get some valuable info from the videos at in post #4 at
    http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/....php?p=1217446

Good luck with your project

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.