djohnson1 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Copying Table Headers

I need your help. I have recently been assigned to do in-house abatements in Taxpayer Services. The person that handled this before me found another job else-where and had to leave in a hurry. I did not get to find out how to do everything -

like creating another table with the same column titles.

I need to make a copy of the Access Table shown in the attachment (2013 table) below for the new year. I thought it was a simple matter of copy and paste. I want the column titles to be the same, be able to add data on each row but I'm having trouble getting the 1st column to say "PPN". I get a box message The value you entered isn't appropiate for the input mask '99/99/00;0;' specified for this field. OK or HELP

I do not understand the help. Will you help tell/show me how copy the existing table to a new table?

Thanks.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson1 View Post
    ...like creating another table with the same column titles....
    You can right click>copy objects in the Navigation Pane and paste them. I believe you can use options to paste only the structure and not the data. Similarly, you can import/export objects like tables using the wizard. You can find access to these options in the ribbon at the top of the screen.

Having said that, it is not very apparent what you are trying to accomplish and this may be an indicator that there are some things you should be learning about what Access is, what Access does, and the basic principles behind these questions are.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.